Agriculture + Lifestyle
Posted on October 17, 2022 8:00 PM
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 medium finely chopped onion
3 cloves of grated garlic
2 cups of pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
¾ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of cumin
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
1. Heat olive oil, onion and garlic until fragrant
2. Add pumpkin and spices, cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add vegetable broth, stir constantly for 3-4 minutes (mixture should bubble)
4. Remove soup from heat, add maple syrup and cream.
*Tip for creamier soup use immersion blender.
5. Top with toasted pumpkin seeds.
For more information about this recipe visit Kitchn.