Agriculture + Lifestyle
10 Ideas for Your Fall Bucket List
Posted on September 2, 2021 8:00 PM
Cooler weather, changing leaves, community events and a host of delicious new seasonal foods - the fall season brings so much to look forward to! Georgia Farm Bureau believes there's no better place to experience this magical season than on the farm.
- Pick apples. Find a nearby orchard here.
- Join in on fun events on the farm. From hayrides, obstacle courses, and pig racing to live music, wine tasting and unique photo ops – Georgia farms have everything you need to make magical memories this fall. Learn more about events at farms near you here.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. You can find a map of pumpkin patches here.
- Make caramel apples. Make good use of that extra bushel of apples you picked with this recipe for caramel apples.
- Take a drive to see the leaves change. Don’t forget your Farm Passport so you can make a few pit stops!
- Bake a pie for your neighbor. Another great way to use those extra apples.
- Light a fall-scented candle. Here is a great fall-scented candle made in Georgia.
- Navigate a corn maze. Find a list of nearby mazes here. Some farms even offer a spooky flashlight maze!
- Sip warm cider. Find Georgia farm markets that offer fresh cider here.
- Make a seasonal vegetable soup with products grown in Georgia. Get ideas for seasonal soup ingredients and find a soup recipe here.