Georgia Agricultural Commodity Commission appointments made
The Georgia Agriculture Commodity Commission Ex-Officio Committee met July 30, to select new appointees to serve terms of three years on their respective commodity commissions. At the conclusion of this three-year term, they will be eligible to be reappointed for additional terms. The new appointees are:
• Apple Commission- Janice Hale, David Lillard and Stephen Aaron;
• Blueberry Commission – Russ Goodman, Steve Mullis and Shane Wade;
• Corn Commission – Rodney Harrell, Vann Wooten and Wallace Anderson;
• Cotton Commission – Lee Cromley, Chris Hopkins and John Ruark;
• Equine Commission – Ron Smith;
• Milk Commission – Tim Camp, Pete Gelber and James Coble;
• Peach Commission – Jeff Wainwright, Duke Lane III and Lee Dickey;
• Pecan Commission – R.G. Lamar and Lanair Worsham Jr.;
• Soybean Commission – Greg Mims, Tony Smith and Mark Arial;
• Tobacco Commission – Carlos Vickers and Brandt Clifton;
• Vegetable Commission – Dick Minor and Glenn Heard.
Georgia Agriculture Commodity Commissions are created by the Georgia Legislature. A market order of each commission is passed by the growers of that commodity to allow assessments on the commodity to be paid by each of the producers of such commodity. These funds are used for research, education and promotion of the commodity. Members of the commissions make decisions on how funds are spent and programs the commission supports.